hausmann-johnson
   

COVID-19 Data Tracker Update as of September 14, 2020

Author: Jessica Poff

Category: Data Analytics, COVID-19

As of September 14, 2020, Wisconsin is reporting a rate of 6.9% for positive COVID-19 tests. Among the five midwestern states, Michigan has the lowest rate at 4.0%. The Midwest’s percentage of positive tests is below the median for all states (Midwest: 6.8%, median for all states: 7.1%).

Keep Reading

COVID-19 Impact Bulletin: Gaps in Care - Updated Review

Author: Jessica Poff

Category: COVID-19

On July 1, 2020 we shared a bulletin highlighting the gaps in care related to cancer screenings caused when healthcare systems paused elective and non-emergent exams and procedures in order to preserve capacity in the event of a surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations. The initial bulletin estimated..

Keep Reading

Perseverance and Your Role as a Leader

Perseverance is hardly a fashionable or glamorous thing to talk about. In today’s culture, what is valued is speed. Instant gratification, next day shipping and getting our answers from Alexa are the way we expect to live our lives.

Keep Reading

Intrinsic Optimism Through a Pandemic

I think we can all agree that the last six months have been nothing like we’ve ever experienced before (aside from creepy movies and nightmares). We are navigating through a global pandemic where our society has suffered profoundly and endured significant economic loss. The ominous negative vibe..

Keep Reading

COVID-19 Data Tracker Update as of August 31, 2020

Author: Jessica Poff

Category: Data Analytics, COVID-19

This past weekend, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shared a recent study on COVID-19 fatalities which stated that 6%, or 9,683, of COVID-19 deaths listed only COVID-19 as the cause of death among the 164,280 COVID-19 deaths. The other 94% of deaths occurred in patients with..

Keep Reading

Tips for Employers of Parents During the Pandemic

The re-opening of schools either virtually, in-person or a hybrid of the two may present challenges for some employees in balancing work, child care and in supporting their child’s instruction. This article provides some tips that employers might consider to assist employees.

Keep Reading

4 Common COVID-19 Misunderstandings

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines are often misunderstood regarding COVID-19 testing, timing of returning to work, appropriately notifying co-workers of potential exposure and balancing the wearing of face coverings with the 6-15-48 rule. This article covers these topics. 

Keep Reading

Dane County Public Health Order #9

Employers with operations in Dane County, Wisconsin may wish to review the new Dane County Public Health Order. Along with outlining new requirements that all private and public schools hold instruction virtually for grades 3 through 12, it states that face shields are not considered “face..

Keep Reading

COVID-19 Impact Bulletin: Leveraging Employee Assistance Programs

Mental health has become an increasing concern six months into the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States. According to the American Medical Association, “at least 30 states are reporting spikes in fatal opioid overdoses and ongoing concern about mental illness or substance abuse disorders, all..

Keep Reading

COVID-19 Data Tracker Update as of August 17, 2020

Author: Jessica Poff

Category: Data Analytics, COVID-19

As of August 17, 2020, the two-day change in the percent of people testing positive in Wisconsin increased slightly, from 8.8% to 9%. This was the second-highest rate among midwest states (Iowa was 13.7%). The national average was 6.5%. Two new pie charts have been added to the COVID-19 Tracker..

Keep Reading

Website