In this 10 hour course, there will be 5 mandatory topics selected by OSHA. The rest of the topics will cover a variety of other safety issues.
- Introduction to OSHA
- Walking and Working Surfaces
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action plans, Fire Protection
- Electrical Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hazard Communication
- Occupational Health
- Machine Guarding
- Fall Protection
- This training is for all employees, supervisors, and owners.
- There is a limit of 25 attendees, so don’t delay.
- Companies are asked to register no more than 4 employees.
- 10 hours of attendance are mandatory to receive the OSHA 10 Hour certification card.
- Attendees must be present for the entire program.
- This training program is FREE for clients of Hausmann-Johnson Insurance
- Non-Client fee: $250
- Registration begins 30 minutes prior to scheduled time.
- Continental Breakfast will be served both days.
- Lunch will be served on Thursday.
About the Presenters
Senior Risk Consultant
Rick has over 20 years of experience in safety and risk control, working with clients in many industries including Construction, Mining, Trucking, Manufacturing, and Hospitality. He specializes in assessing risk for the clients of Hausmann-Johnson Insurance to reduce loss potential. Through safety assessments and loss analysis, Rick develops solutions which include safety management techniques, training, and engineering. Additionally, he has been asked to speak at local and national safety conferences on topics such as "How to Manage Safety on a Jobsite", and "What it takes to be a Safety Leader”.
Rick is an Authorized Instructor of OSHA Regulations Construction and General Industry Regulations. He is an active member of the Wisconsin Transportation Builders Association (WTBA), Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC), the Wisconsin chapter of The American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), and the Association of General Contractors (AGC). He is also on the Advisory Board of the Safety Studies Department at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater.
Rick is an avid boater and enjoys sharing time on the water with family and friends. His children are spread across 4 U.S. states and Japan, so he and his wife are often traveling to visit them. He also has attended more than 150 games in the last 15 years to see his beloved Green Bay Packers play.
Manager of Safety, Health, and Wellness Services
With over 25 years of experience in health and safety, Rich is passionate about simplifying the complex world of risk management for the clients of Hausmann-Johnson Insurance. He takes pride in helping clients reduce workplace injury.
Rich has specialized knowledge of health and safety program development, industrial hygiene, mold assessments, and employee training development. His previous experiences include working for OSHA in New Mexico, running the Wisconsin DNR safety office and acting as an OSHA consultant. All of this experience makes Rich a guiding hand for clients who find themselves involved in OSHA negotiations.
Outside the office, Rich enjoys woodworking, researching genealogy and playing his guitar. You can also find him tending his garden when Wisconsin weather permits.